I met you in the summer to my heartbeat's sound...
As the season draws to a close today, we're fondly reminiscing over our favorite parts of the summer. We've seen so many beautiful weddings come to fruition and have bid farewell and congrats to so many of our lovely, darling couples (we already miss you all!), and we can't help wanting to share all the things that have brought smiles to our faces and remind us of the good times this season.
Favorite color palette
We did an earthy palette we still dream about with ambers, blush, rust, sky blues, and lots of greens...
Favorite wedding style
We loved mixing things up this summer with a little modern and moody out in palm springs. Kept even the desert cool!
Favorite floral element
We were smitten with blueberries on the vine, found our florist eating them throughout set up, haha!
Favorite "Something Blue"
It's a toss up between the amazing blue velvet pow wow disco couch, hostess haven's custom indigo dyed napkins, all the pretty blue fabrics we used this summer. So many pretty blues we can't pick just one!
Loving this venue
Our bride's grandmother's backyard, like a magic secret garden...
Most Memorable Summer Moment
When the guests decided to move the dance party to the pool, literally ending the party with a splash!
Bonus - favorite songs playlist!
Processional Song: Claire de Lune by Debbussy
Recessional Song: Latch by Disclosure, Celeste by Ezra Vine and Stars by Future Generations
Reception Song: Clap Your Hands by Whilk & Misky
First Dance: Nothing But Our Love by JR JR and Belle by Jack Johnson
Father-Daughter Dance: Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles
Mother-Son Dance: I Got You by Jack Johnson
Dance Party: This Girl by Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners ("DUN. DUN. DUNDUNDUNDUN.")
Cake Cutting: Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
Random Fun Favorites
- Avocados on everything, especially toast. (Pro-tip: top with the usual salt-n-peppa', but add some chia seeds, cayenne pepper, and lemon for the best breakfast in the world)
- Iced Earl Gray tea with a splash of almond milk. Every day. Three times a day. (What's "moderation"?)
- Tori Praver's sup's cute swim collab with Target. (Basically, $100 tops for $30. I know.)
- Beach days! Can we just all finally agree that we all love tan lines? It's proof that you were outside for longer than the walk from the door to your car! I see someone with tan lines and I'm instantly jealous...
- The secret cliff swing in La Jolla. (Location undisclosed. Get your own secret beach swing.)
- That summer is always a good excuse for ice cream and popsicles!
What will you miss most from this Summer? What are you looking forward to this Fall? Let us know in the comments, we'd love to hear!